Instructions for First Confessions on Saturday, December 3, at 12:00 noon in church.
- Parents should work through the book, “Making Things Right” with their child.
- Parents should also rehearse the handout for Confession with their child.
- Parents should help their children memorize the prayers on the Mass handout as well.
First Confessions are on Saturday, December 3, starting at 12:00 noon, going about an hour or so.
- The children are sent up to the other side of the altar, one by one.
- They will use the Confession handout, word for word. I will help them.
- Then they kneel down in the first pew to do their penance prayers.
After they complete their penance prayers, they go to the piano at the side of church.
- The child is given their copy of “Called to His Supper” for First Communion.
- The parents go through this book with their child before our next meeting.
- The parents also rehearse the Mass responses with their child as well.
Once the child gets their book, they can go home. If a child misses their First Confession on December 3, we will have to schedule another time for their First Confession through the parish office. Since I am not supposed to know their name when I hear their Confession, another person must be there to give them their book with their name on it. Thank you and God bless you! – Father James